Practical Technology Tools is an experiential course designed to introduce affordable and accessible online dispute resolution (ODR) technology to the practice of alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Participants will engage in four real-time lectures and discussions over a five-week period, with forums, wikis, directional study, and instructor guidance. All live classes are recorded for future viewing.
Skills Targeted by the Course:
- Understanding and Assessing Technology: learn about available tools, including client intake and narrative, live communication, document review and storage, brainstorming, and agreement development, drafting, and execution
- Digital Case Management: assess and apply case management skills to information and communication technologies (ICTs)
- Third Party Skills: anticipate and prepare for how clients will react and learn to use new platforms and technology tools
- Ethical Evaluation: analyze and adapt mediation and legal ethics to the use of ICT
- Technology Integration: dissecting the practicalities of maintaining a face-to-face dispute resolution practice while integrating technology and/or creating your own virtual ADR practice
Price: $345 – Next Live Course TBA
Archives: $195 or Internet Bar Ally Membership
Please contact us to purchase archives of Practical Technology Tools.
About the instructors:
Dr. Rainey is one of the leading ODR educators and practitioners in the world. Working with the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, he was one of the first instructors to teach a university ODR course, and has since developed graduate level ODR courses for several
Dr. Bridgesmith brings more than 30 years of experience in dispute resolution and innovative workplace strategies. He specializes in practical, legal and academic “best practices” in dispute resolution. He was the founding executive director, a senior fellow and an associate professor at the Institute for Conflict Management at Lipscomb University, which
For additional questions or more information, please contact us.
Homepage Photo: Women In Tech – 61 by WOCinTech Chat [License]